Welcome to our family site ~ leave a message!

Friday, September 04, 2009

It's not 'Andy' or 'Drew' . . .


It's Andrew! People ask me frequently if we'll be shortening his name, and the answer is a firm NO. :) At least for as long as we have control over what he's called. We said that for Sullivan, too, but now he mostly goes by Sully. No offense, but I'm not a fan of the abbreviations of the name 'Andrew'. Enough that it was almost a deal-breaker for me, if Cameron and I could have agreed on another name. We both really do love the name Andrew though.

I'm biased, but really, this is the cutest little guy ever (along with my other 2 boys)! ;) Andrew's been a great addition to our family. He's almost 5 months old, and he's mellow and sweet, but lets us know in no uncertain terms when he needs something, which is good with all these other noisy little kids running around. True to form, he wants to eat every 2-3 hours throughout the night, just like my other 3 did. I need to figure out how to curtail that habit. Any tips, moms? With my other 3, they were about a year old before they outgrew it. I don't think I can do that a 4th time!

Naptime.



Andrew's first dip in the ocean. I was trying to lower his toes in gently, but he kept lifting them up higher and higher out of the water. He wasn't too sure about it, but he was a good sport!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Wow Sara, he's getting so big! Love the chunky legs. He and Mia should be buddies or start a chunky leg club. :0)

Elizabeth said...

That top picture is just adorable. What a sweet little expression.

Nana Laurie said...

Beautiful Baby! And I am totally supportive of your name choice. I fought that battle (successfully!) with Samuel since he was born and I am proud to say that he was never Sammy! My new grandson is Andrew. There was talk that he might become Drew but his mom and I are making sure it stays Andrew.
Love your pictures.

The Reeds said...

Little Andrew is a cutie. I love those rolls!